Well intern year is officially O.V.E.R! To say that I am excited is an understatement!! However, finishing up was not a breeze because I spent my last Medicine month in the ICU. Oh yeah, and on top of that, I was on call the last night of the month/year before the new interns started...FUN! So, I spent the night on call on June 30 and then woke up bright and early at the hospital on July 1, went home briefly to freshen up, and then went back to start my first day of Ophthalmology! Normally, I would have been really furious and in a horrible mood because of it, but I was so excited about finishing my Medicine year and equally as exicted about embarking on my new adventure that I really didn't care! Now that intern year is over, I can say that I worked really hard, learned alot about "doctoring" and maybe even more importantly about myself. I would NEVER do it again, but in many ways, I'm glad I did! Now I am starting a new adventure in the world of Ophthalmology for the next 3 years! And boy, in the first few days, I can already tell that the learning curve is a steep one. I know its going to be a lot of reading/studying and plenty of frustration, but I really am excited about it. And even if I have my face buried in a book when I get off work, I know I would rather be doing that than spending 30 hour shifts in the hospital....I know my husband would rather have it that way too!
This weekend we spent the 4th of July with great friends on the lake in Hot Springs! As always, we had a blast making new memories with our very best friends. It was a fun, but suprisingly relaxing weekend at the same time. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!!
Cam and I getting ready to head out on the boat
All the girls at Anna's lakehouse

No comments:
Post a Comment