Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Patty's Day and Match Day!!





















































































We celebrated St. Patty's Day with Girl's Game Night on Tuesday! This time we went to Megan's house, and as always, it was super fun and great to see everyone! I really look forward to Game Night every month and love the group of girls that gets together for it! I had to call it an early night because of early hours for work the next morning...but apparently everyone else had a great time out that night!! Sad I missed it. I put some pics of our night above...I think it is quite obvious which ones are from St. Patty's Day!


Today was Match Day for my med school class. We had a big class meeting this morning before going to the West End to find out where everyone will be going for their residency! It was a lot of fun...and for me it was stress free since I already know where I am going! Anyway, everyone has an envelope to open with their residency placement written inside and we each go up on stage and read the verdict to the entire room. Keep in mind, this is the first time people are seeing where they are going for residency so it is a pretty intense moment! Overall, our class did very well and I think most were really pleased with their placements. Here are where a few of my friends and people that you may know are going....


Lindsey Bell (BF and brother's girlfriend)- OB/GYN at UAMS

Meg West- Pediatrics at UT Memphis... I'll miss her! :(

Claire (Bennett) Beaumont- Radiology at UAMS

Aaron Metrailer- ENT at UAMS

BJ Deimel (also hairdresser's husband)- PM&R at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota...My hair will never look the same!! :(

Katherine (Vaden) Irby- Pediatrics at UAMS/Ark. Children's Hospital

Chuck Nalley- Orthopedics at the Univ of South Florida (Sarah you can tell Jared since I know they were friends growing up)

Ross Blagg (Claudia Holthoff's cousin)- Plastic Surgery at Univ of Utah

Kristin (Mitchell) Dishongh- Pathology at UAMS

Beth Anne (Pierce) Reed- OB/GYN in Philadelphia


These are just a few...if you want to know about someone else...let me know! I posted some pics of us from the festivites earlier today! We have a big class party tonight so I'm sure there will be more pics to come!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!

-BSD































































































No comments:

Post a Comment