Sunday, May 3, 2009

Progress and 8 things...

Well, one full week after being done with school I have officially started on my goal of getting my house organized before I start residency. I feel like when we moved in that we just didn't have the time to really get situated. It seemed like that where things fell at the time is where they have stayed.... at least until now. So far my closet, Cam's closet (which together produced 5 boxes of clothes, shoes, and who knows what that will be going to Goodwill), the yard, and part of the office have been cleaned out! I still have the hall closets, kitchen, and utility room left, but I some time to get all of that done.

Also the bathroom is finally coming along. Last week the vanity was installed and most of the tile in the shower is up! Tiling should be complete this week and counter tops go in on Friday!! Yay! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am so ready to have the toilet, old counter top, shower doors, etc. out of my carport! At least you can't see all of it from the street...

Anyway, this weekend was a lazy one! Cam went to Springfield, MO so visit his old college roommates. One of them has lived in the Caribbean for a couple of years as a scuba diving instructor and recently moved back home, so the others made the trip to see him for the weekend. I think they had a good time! I spent Friday night at my parents' house. We had a nice time being lazy together. Then last night I came back for Drew's birthday celebration. So many of his friends came for the party and as always, it was a tons of fun!

And lastly, my friend, Effie, tagged me for "8 things"......

8 Things I look forward to:
1. BARBADOS!
2. Graduation
3. The bathroom remodel being done
4. The Lake
5. Reading "Something Blue"
6. 2 more months of freedom
7. The END of my intern year (I know, I know it hasn't even started but I am already looking forward to it!)
8. can I say...Barbados again??

8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Slept in
2. Had Subway for lunch
3. Cleaned out my room at my parents' house
4. Drove back to LR in the pouring down rain
5. Went to Drew's party
6. Watched Grey's Anatomy from Thursday
7. Snuggled with Bailey
8. Enjoyed time with my parents and friends

8 Shows that I watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Private Practice
3. The Biggest Loser
4. Project Runway
5. Entourage
6. American Idol (not a die hard fan though!)
7. Basically anything on HGTV
8. Top Model (not so much this season)

Hope you all have a great week! The rain needs to go away!
~BSD

1 comment:

  1. The 8 things is fun! yay for going to the beach!! we leave in a week :)

    ReplyDelete