Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back from my blogging hiatus

Hi all!

So I have been absent from the blogging scene during the past couple of weeks. #1 reason: our computer got a virus and the internet won't work. I can only get on the internet in Safe Mode. I am still working on getting it fixed but if this has happened to any of you...I am taking suggestions on how to fix it! #2 reason: I have been anxiously awaiting my VERY LAST day of medical school. I know I blogged a month ago about finishing my last rotation in the hospital, but as of yesterday I am officially done with school. Yay! All I need now is that diploma in my hand to prove it! :)

We have also been really busy around here. Cam started a softball league last week with a bunch of his guys friends here in LR. Get this... they play every Tuesday and Thursday night from now until August!!! What is this Major League Baseball?? I think its ridiculous, but it is fun for the boys and the girls enjoy going to watch!

I went to Fayetteville last weekend to visit all of my besties from college. We ALWAYS have a blast and you never know what our time together will bring. We watched Sex and the City on repeat and all laid in Sarah's bed together....just like old times! The thing I laughed about most regarding last weekend was that the routine to get all of us out the door and to a destination whether it be the mall, dinner, or whatever has NOT changed a bit. Spears always complains about what she is going to wear and wants Sarah to get her dressed, Sarah changes outfits 500 times, Effie is ALWAYS the first one ready (however I am a very close second), Anna is the first to get in the shower and usually the last one out the door (this has improved but is still the truth), and I am always complaining that my hair looks like crap. Sarah and Anna will be happy that I finally admitted that I always complain about this!! And as for Steph, she wasn't at the house getting ready with us, but she, like Effie, is always ready first and on time! I just love how things haven't changed between all of us even though most of us don't live near each other.
I don't have any pics from the weekend and stupid safe mode on my computer won't let me upload any old pics of us! Oh well! :(

And last but not least...the bathroom remodel! I gave up on tracking day by day because we have pretty much been at a stand still since last week! The only things done last week were installing the new plumbing and electrical work...yes these are a big deal but I want to see progress and these two things aren't really noticeable changes. As for the stand still part, long story short....we got the run around about having to get a new shower pan...it was yes then no then maybe! Ahh whatever...I just wanted them to make a decision. Needless to say, as of yesterday we have a brand new shower pan and are back in business! I am told that tile should be going in next week....thank you...maybe then I will feel and see the progress!

We have a busy weekend of yard work ahead of us! I hate it, but it needs to be done. I hope you all are enjoying the gorgeous weather!!

~BSD

2 comments: